Saturday, July 25, 2009

Taking up some slack

Goodness gracious... has it actually been May since I last posted? Either time flies -- or broiling heat has a way of wrecking one's chronological sense.

I handled a beautiful wedding today. It's one of the perks of the job.

I'm pretty excited about the upcoming General Assembly of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). It will be my first trip to Indianapolis, which also happens to be the location for the church's General Office. A few of my cohorts call it Vaticanapolis. I'm expecting to enjoy seeing the place, although that expectation was dampened somewhat yesterday when I learned that my hotel charges $27 per night for parking.

This makes me think that parking in Indianapolis may be as bad -- or worse than -- parking in downtown Savannah. This would not be a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to the art museum. I saw an orginal Van Gogh. Fantastic.